Staff Leadership: Cindy Lantz
Objective: To involve our community in the betterment of our quality of life through education, programs and events.
- Strategy: Identify, work to provide and widely publicize programs that require community involvement in greening projects.
- Activity: Work with Downtown Shawnee and Master Gardeners to enhance the beauty of Shawnee.
- Activity: Schedule Arbor Day and plant trees at selected public areas.
- Activity: Help fund greening projects in public areas in cooperation with Master Gardeners.
- Strategy: Work to provide beautification educational opportunities for the greater Shawnee area.
- Activity: Sponsor "Gardening with the Experts" seminar.
- Activity: Sponsor Spring and/or Fall Garden Tour.
Objective: Initiate and support two projects that will improve the first impression of our community.
- Strategy: Have neat and clean appearance at all City entrances.
- Activity: Work with the City of Shawnee, Shawnee Public Schools and others to develop and implement landscaping projects.
- Strategy: Promote and support anti-littering and community clean-up programs for the greater Shawnee area
- Activity: Work with the City of Shawnee on ordinances or regulatory policies to promote the beautification and/or cleanliness of our community.