Business & Education
Staff Leadership: Cindy Lantz
Objective: Promote awareness of the performance of Shawnee Public Schools, Gordon Cooper Technology Center, Oklahoma Baptist University and St. Gregory's University.
- Strategy: Host appreciation events for Oklahoma Baptist University and St. Gregory's University.
- Strategy: Partner with SEDF in publishing a brochure to promote and educate others on the accomplishments of our public school system and universities, to be used by SEDF in recruitment effors and local business and industry in recruitment of employees.
Objective: Promote programs and activities to partner business and industry with education.
- Strategy: Work through facilitators to coordinate existing education and business partnerships.
- Strategy: Work through facilitators to obtain information for publication in local media on business/education partnership activities and events.
- Strategy: Encourage new business partners to participate in the "Adopt-a-School" program and continue to support and facilitate the existing business partner relationships.
- Strategy: Promote the "Adopt-a-Class" program to small businesses, community and civic organizations.
- Strategy: Encourage art and cultural activities by awarding Artbucks to monthly winners of submitted pieces of art.
Each month during the school year the Chamber awards three art students selected by the school with Artbucks. Artbucks are also redeemable at any participating Chamber member's place of business.
Artbuck Sponsor: RBC Agency, Will Rosebure
How do I become a participating member? It's easy and its FREE. Simply contact Cindy Lantz, for a registration form or for additional information.
How does it benefit me to become a participating member?
- Free marketing. Your business name will be listed on the back of each "Buck" as a "Participating Member," and on the Chamber website.
- Increased customers traffic and sales.
Participating Artbuck Businesses
Dr. Kirk F. Hoster, O.D.
Expressions Home Accessories
Golden Corral (Shawnee)
House of Flower, Inc.
Mayme's Miss & Mrs.
Optical Galleria/Robinson Eye Institute
Shawnee Beauty College
The Buckle - Shawnee Mall
White's Ace Building Center
Wild West Tan, Tone & More L.L.C.
Just Starting Out/ Business Formation?
The construction industry provides the opportunity for great profits...and major risk. How can you be successful in this industry? Click the logo to find out!
The tourism and hospitality industry includes restaurants, hotels, attractions, retail stores selling to tourists, rental car companies, and more. Primary concerns include customer service, safety for employees and guests, food and hospitality regulations, and business management.
Click the button above the find valuable information for this industry.
Managing a retail store requires inventory control, personnel management, watching for crime, keeping up with trends, financial management, and more. In this section you will find the tools!