Staff Leadership: Nancy Keith
Objective: Promote awareness of the performance of Shawnee Public Schools, Gordon Cooper Technology Center, Oklahoma Baptist University and St. Gregory's University.
- Strategy: Partner with SEDF in publishing a brochure to promote and educate others on the accomplishments of our public school system and universities, to be used by SEDF in recruitment efforts and local business and industry in recruitment of employees.
Objective: Promote programs and activities to partner business and industry with education.
- Strategy: Work through facilitators to coordinate existing education and business partnerships.
- Strategy: Encourage mentoring between our business community and local students through Big Brothers/Big Sister.
- Strategy: Work through facilitators to obtain information for publication in local media on business/education partnership activities and events.
- Strategy: Encourage new business partners to participate in the "Adopt-a-School" program and continue to support and facilitate the existing business partner relationships.
- Strategy: Promote the "Adopt-a-Class" program to small businesses, community and civic organizations.
Objective: Work to improve the appearance, safety and functionality of the Shawnee High School Campus.
Strategy: Work with Shawnee Public Schools Board of Directors and Superintendent to create a funding source for improvements to the Shawnee High School Campus.
Staff Leadership: Cindy Lantz
Strategy: Encourage art and cultural activities by awarding Artbucks to monthly winners of submitted pieces of art.
Artbuck Sponsor: Will Rosebure, BancFirst Insurance Services
How do I become a participating member?
It's easy and its FREE. Simply contact Cindy Lantz, for a registration form or for additional information.
How does it benefit me to become a participating member?
- Free marketing. Your business name will be listed on the back of each "Buck" as a "Participating Member," and on the Chamber website.
- Increased customers traffic and sales.
Participating Artbuck Businesses
- Bricktown Brewery Restaurant
- Domino's Pizza
- Dr. Kirk F. Hoster & Dr. Jordan Ewert, Optometrist
- Ell's Jewelry
- FireLake Bowling Center
- Golden Corral (Shawnee)
- House of Flowers
- House of Health
- Mayme's Miss & Mrs.
- NStock Now
- Optical Galleria/Robinson Eye Institute
- Paul's Place Steakhouse
- Shawnee Office Systems
- Van's Pig Stand (Shawnee Locations)
- White's Ace Building Center