2017 Pottawatomie County Junior Livestock Show
February 28 - March 3, 2017
Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center
Questions? Call 405.275.7020
Aims and Purposes of the Pottawatomie County Jr. Livestock Show
- Create and nurture an appreciation for agriculture, rural values and the free enterprise system.
- Pay tribute to the honor and dignity of work.
- Develop leadership, responsibility, citizenship, discipline, and a keen sense of fair play among Oklahoma's 4-H and FFA youth.
- Reward young people for pursuit of excellence and recognize their achievements.
- Expose young people to business principles and the financial realities of risk taking.
- Afford Oklahoma’s 4-H and FFA youth an enjoyable, rewarding, and educational experience in the care, feeding, selection and improvement of livestock.
- Encourage 4-H and FFA youth to employ a practical, commonsense approach to the selection, purchase, and fitting of their livestock.
- Provide opportunities for families to draw closer to and be supportive of their children.
- Prepare our youth for the responsibilities of parenthood by allowing them to be solely responsible for the food, shelter, and welfare of their livestock project.
- Create opportunities for business leaders and 4-H and FFA youth to spend time together.
- Provide our county with an event of state stature and significance to 4-H and FFA youth.
- Provide a showcase for outstanding young people, using state of the art technology to produce and exhibit livestock of exemplary quality.
Randy Gilbert, Chairman
Gilbert & Sons Trucking
40610 Benson Park
Tecumseh, OK 74873